Tuesday, February 27, 2024
 - 
Afrikaans
 - 
af
Albanian
 - 
sq
Amharic
 - 
am
Arabic
 - 
ar
Armenian
 - 
hy
Azerbaijani
 - 
az
Basque
 - 
eu
Belarusian
 - 
be
Bengali
 - 
bn
Bosnian
 - 
bs
Bulgarian
 - 
bg
Catalan
 - 
ca
Cebuano
 - 
ceb
Chichewa
 - 
ny
Chinese (Simplified)
 - 
zh-CN
Chinese (Traditional)
 - 
zh-TW
Corsican
 - 
co
Croatian
 - 
hr
Czech
 - 
cs
Danish
 - 
da
Dutch
 - 
nl
English
 - 
en
Esperanto
 - 
eo
Estonian
 - 
et
Filipino
 - 
tl
Finnish
 - 
fi
French
 - 
fr
Frisian
 - 
fy
Galician
 - 
gl
Georgian
 - 
ka
German
 - 
de
Greek
 - 
el
Gujarati
 - 
gu
Haitian Creole
 - 
ht
Hausa
 - 
ha
Hawaiian
 - 
haw
Hebrew
 - 
iw
Hindi
 - 
hi
Hmong
 - 
hmn
Hungarian
 - 
hu
Icelandic
 - 
is
Igbo
 - 
ig
Indonesian
 - 
id
Irish
 - 
ga
Italian
 - 
it
Japanese
 - 
ja
Javanese
 - 
jw
Kannada
 - 
kn
Kazakh
 - 
kk
Khmer
 - 
km
Korean
 - 
ko
Kurdish (Kurmanji)
 - 
ku
Kyrgyz
 - 
ky
Lao
 - 
lo
Latin
 - 
la
Latvian
 - 
lv
Lithuanian
 - 
lt
Luxembourgish
 - 
lb
Macedonian
 - 
mk
Malagasy
 - 
mg
Malay
 - 
ms
Malayalam
 - 
ml
Maltese
 - 
mt
Maori
 - 
mi
Marathi
 - 
mr
Mongolian
 - 
mn
Myanmar (Burmese)
 - 
my
Nepali
 - 
ne
Norwegian
 - 
no
Pashto
 - 
ps
Persian
 - 
fa
Polish
 - 
pl
Portuguese
 - 
pt
Punjabi
 - 
pa
Romanian
 - 
ro
Russian
 - 
ru
Samoan
 - 
sm
Scots Gaelic
 - 
gd
Serbian
 - 
sr
Sesotho
 - 
st
Shona
 - 
sn
Sindhi
 - 
sd
Sinhala
 - 
si
Slovak
 - 
sk
Slovenian
 - 
sl
Somali
 - 
so
Spanish
 - 
es
Sundanese
 - 
su
Swahili
 - 
sw
Swedish
 - 
sv
Tajik
 - 
tg
Tamil
 - 
ta
Telugu
 - 
te
Thai
 - 
th
Turkish
 - 
tr
Ukrainian
 - 
uk
Urdu
 - 
ur
Uzbek
 - 
uz
Vietnamese
 - 
vi
Welsh
 - 
cy
Xhosa
 - 
xh
Yiddish
 - 
yi
Yoruba
 - 
yo
Zulu
 - 
zu
Subscriber Login

Lucknow to walk in Indore’s footsteps

by Clean India Journal Editor
0 comment

Lucknow plan to deal efficiently with their solid waste management

Following the example of the Indore model of cleanliness, the Lucknow Municipal Corporation (LMC) publicized a comprehensive plan for solid waste management (SWM) in which biodegradable waste, which accounts for 40% of total garbage generated, will be treated and utilised at the source, while nonbiodegradable waste will be separated, treated, and recycled for various commercial uses such as road construction, tiles, and electricity.

Municipal commissioner Indrajit Singh made the announcement at a press conference. He stated that the city generates approximately 2000 tonnes of solid waste per day. Around 40% (800 tonnes) of this waste is biodegradable, with the remaining 60% being non-biodegradable (1200 tonnes is non-biodegradable).

Direct bulk garbage producers, such as hostels, hotels, messes, canteens, restaurants, commercial complexes, and RWAs, generate approximately 60% (480 tonnes) of biodegradable waste. Individual houses account for 30% of this waste in the residential sector.

To implement the “treat at the source” plan, LMC will direct all bulk garbage producers to install a composter to convert waste into manure. Indoor gardens and city parks can benefit from the manure produced. “The civic body will first train them on composter installation techniques, and if they do not follow the practise, they will be fined Rs 5000 as per Swachh Bharat guidelines,” he added. Similarly, he stated that RWAs will be motivated and trained to install composters to treat the waste of society. They will not be fined, however, if they do not install composters.

People living in residential colonies who cannot afford composters will be encouraged to separate their waste into biodegradable and non-biodegradable bins so that LMC can make manure and recycle the remainder, he added. He stated that if the plan is successfully implemented, it will reduce the burden of waste, lower transportation costs, save the environment, and generate wealth. It will reduce daily waste generation by 300 tonnes, and the 170 dumpers that go to Shivri treatment plant for dumping will be reduced. He stated that the LMC had successfully implemented this strategy in Police Lines and 200 houses in Gomtinagar extension areas, and he encouraged the public to provide suggestions and ideas for making the city cleaner.

“We intend to recruit approximately 200 differently abled personnel to train them in the field of SWM.” These individuals can start businesses or train others in the same field.” Indrajit Singh stated.

You may also like

Leave a Comment

Clean India Journal, which began its journey in 2005 with the sole vision of being the prime facilitator in creating a clean India, today reaches out to a vast cross-section of readers across borders.

Top Stories

Newsletter Subscribe

Subscribe my Newsletter for new blog posts, tips & new photos. Let's stay updated!

Copyright © 2023 Clean India Journal All rights reserved.

Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?

Subscribe For Download Our Media Kit

Get notified about new articles